So, one of the most common questions we are asked when we meet clients for the 1st time is ‘What happens if it rains on my wedding day?’ We think the selection of images below explains our response perfectly!
You have 2 choices, stand around inside and let the weather ruin your day or you embrace it and go for it anyway! After all you don’t get to do the day again!
Here are a couple of tips if it looks like you might get rain on your day:
1. Organise umbrellas, white or a pale colour look best so they don’t cast a dark shadow over your faces.
2. Ensure you have suitable footwear, even if it doesn’t rain on the actual day, the ground may still be soft and muddy and might ruin those very sparkly Jimmy Choos!
3. Let the rest of the bridal party know you want to enjoy the day and not let the rain literally put a ‘dampener on it’ This way then can get involved in the fun too!
4. I cannot recommend having a good hair and make up artist enough, this is especially important on wet and windy days and lets face it, we live in England. Harriet’s hair and make up was still immaculate at the end of the night a pretty good advert for what good professional hair and make up can do. I have seen brides walk down the aisle looking more windswept than Harriet on warm sunny day because brides have scrimped hair and make up. We cannot recommend Charlotte Elizabeth enough, her brides and bridesmaids always look pristine all day long!
5. Carry a wrap, cardigan, or jacket. Even just for those few minutes you walk from location to location
6. Lastly, just realise it’s going to be cold. Smile like it’s summer, keep your bodies close to maximise heat, and go for it. It’s cold out but you can still get amazing photos!
So back to the wedding, Harriet choose the wonderful Wasing Park which boasts amazing grounds and incidentally is also great for wet weather weddings with their array of beautiful rooms available to use, if you need to.
Hair and make up was provided by Charlotte Elizabeth the bridesmaids looked beautiful in their soft peach dresses with flowers provided by the wonderfully talented Cherubs Floral Design Harry & Harriet have 2 of the cutest daughters ever who accompanied them as little flower girls, in pretty ivory dresses with peach sashes.
Finishing touches including the wooden signs and sweet table were hired from LulaBee